THE MICROTONAL TUNING DATABASE
ScalaVista is a scale database browser for the Scala
tuning archive*. Easily browse and listen to any scale
as a sequence of pitches or intervals; change the tonic,
duration, and playback direction; sort and search for
matching parameters of any scale; send scales directly
to microsynth, CSE, TPXE, and Xentone; and more. *developed with
permission from Manuel Op de Coul, the creator of Scala.
Existing license holders: please login and
update your old license before installing.
- browse and search the Scala file archive*
- listen to tones and scales
- instrument selection
- pitches or intervals
- movable tonic
- duration control
- sort scales by name, description, tone count, tones, and creation date
- search for matching and comparative data
- search within results
- multiple parameter searching, naming and and saving searches
- keep your archive in sync with the online archive
- auto updating
- auto bug reporting
- scale tones are highlighted as the scale plays back
- universal menu extension for Mac users
- scale data can be sent directly to
- many options for copying scale data to the clipboard
- simple setup and installation process
* developed with permission from Manuel Op de Coul,
the creator of Scala.
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
ScalaVista is updated in response to feedback from its users.
To file bug reports and feature requests, you must first
open a user account and purchase a license.
Once registered, you can participate and see the ScalaVista
development process in action on the
ScalaVista Reports Page.
Latest Version Details
ScalaVista — Version 2.1.5 · December 8, 2015
- Fixed issues with clipboard handling of non-latin characters