THE MICROTONAL EAR TRAINER
Xentone is an ear training program for Mac OSX and
Windows uniquely designed to teach all the tones in the
musical spectrum, not just those found on a piano
keyboard. Become intimately familiar with the strange,
exotic world of microtones. Strengthen conventional
aural skills, broaden understanding of musical
intonation, and increase appreciation for the
astonishing expressive power of the pitch dimension in
music. Explore pitches, intervals, chords, notation, and
melodies. A concise summary of the H-System is included.
Existing license holders: please login and
update your old license before installing.
- practice microtonal intervals, pitches, chords, melodies and staff sight reading
- race against the clock, and review your performance
- user control over a wide range of parameters
- interval sizes, qualities, types, and intonations
- pitch letters, accidentals, shifts, and intonations
- staff positions: staff, region, and micro levels
- chord structures and inversions
- pitch, interval, and chord durations and registers
- wide range of racing game (testing) parameters
- drives internal synthesizer, plus external synths on Windows version
- .sf2 Sound Fonts supported in Mac version
- imports Scala .scl and .tun scale files
- integrated HTML-based help
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
Xentone is updated in response to feedback from its users.
To file bug reports and feature requests, you must first
open a user account and purchase a license.
Once registered, you can participate and see the Xentone
development process in action on the
Xentone Reports Page.
Latest Version Details
Xentone — Version 1.4.13 · April 10, 2015 (Windows version 1.4.14 · August 24, 2015)
- Updated to integrate with the new website
- Improved Bug Report handling
- Added Feature Request menu option
- Added multi-monitor window positioning checking
- Updated Mac version to Cocoa framework
- fixed crash on Windows version Dynamic Xone Arrays