THE LIBERATION OF MIDI PERFORMANCE
MIDI Tapper for Mac OSX and Windows allows you to perform music of any level of complexity
quickly and easily, by playing with just one or two fingers on a MIDI controller.
Record, edit, and shape your music with the performance nuances you want, fast.
Get results with precise control in a fraction of the time it would take
with conventional performance and recording methods.
- MIDI Tapper is currently in Beta Testing for Mac OSX and Windows
- Beta License is valid for this and all following Beta versions
- Developed with permission and input from
(Music Animation Machine)
- Join the Testing Team by purchasing a Beta License below;
you'll receive a download link and license code immediately via email (check your spam
folder). The license will renew
automatically each 30-day test cycle, and will remain valid until the software is
released. If you already have a beta license, simply log into your account to
access the download link for the latest test version.
— MacOS 10.7 or Win 7 minimum
- MIDI Tapper documentation (pdf)
MIDI Events List
- for Mac OSX and Windows (Beta version)
- imports and exports Standard MIDI Files
- preserves patch changes, volume, and panning CCs
- built-in microtonal playback
- supports wide variety of tuning file formats
- edit MIDI data graphically
- edit MIDI data in an Events List
- MIDI Tapper creates a tapping stream by grouping MIDI events
- separate any grouped events to suit your performance needs
- add markers and texts
- ornaments and flourishes as Rubatos for independent expressive control
- customizable note shapes, heights and colors
- receive input from any MIDI controller
- loop-rehearse any passage
- record any number of takes
- review and compare takes side by side
- splice takes together
- reshape velocity histograms
- automatic and menu-optional bug reporting
- feature request menu option
- NOTE: MIDI Tapper documentation is now available (pdf)
For background on the idea behind this software, please see Stephen Malinowski's outline of the
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
MIDI Tapper is currently in beta testing, and bugs are being fixed according to reports from
the Beta Testing Team, which you can join by purchasing a 30-Day Beta License above.
Once released, the software will continue to be updated in response to feedback from its users.
To file bug reports and feature requests, you must first
open a user account and purchase a license.
Once registered, you can participate and see the MIDI Tapper
development process in action on the
MIDI Tapper Reports Page.
Latest Version Details
MIDI Tapper — Version 1.2.3 · August 4, 2017
- Beta Test Cycle 74 (ends September 7, 2017)
- fixed copied and pasted notes being temporarily invisible
- fixed undo resulting in invisible notes
- fixed display issue when dragging the viewport in splice preview
- fixed pitch bend message import not working
- fixed .scl files tuning one octave too high
- fixed file launch problem on Mac
- fixed native file i/o as binary data